Monday, August 31, 2009

Lunch Munch

Last week I met Bruce at home for a quick lunch. She (yes, her name is Bruce. Bruce Lee Brown to be very specific) baked in the sun while I threw together a quick quesadilla and salad.

Photobucket

"Quesadilla" Ingredients
  • Whole wheat tortilla
  • 2 tbsp red pepper hummus
  • 2 tbsp homemade guac

By request... Quesadilla Cals: 150 + 40 + 80 = 270

Salad Ingredients

  • Romaine
  • Fresh tomato from Mom's garden (does it get any better?)
  • Tons of salsa
  • 2 tbsp light sour cream

(I rarely count vegetable calories unless it's something substantial. Lettuce and tomatoes are freebies in my book. The salsa was "fresh" from Costco)

Salad: 20 + 50 = 70

So the whole lunch was about 340. I usually shoot for about 350 cals at lunch time and then have a 150-200 cal snack at 3:00 or 3:30.

Photobucket

Rediculously simple, and the most satisfying lunch I've had in a long time. Definitely worth a reapeat.

Photobucket

Happy Monday :)

1 comment:

  1. hahah I like that name- very cute. I think all pets should have human names. YUMMMMY lunch. I never considered putting hummus and guac together but it sounds like a fabulous idea ;) Happy almost birthday to you! 27? Oh gosh....;)

    ReplyDelete