Monday, August 24, 2009

Quick Weeknight Pasta

Parker and I stopped by City Vineyard last weekend in search of Organic wine and got sidetracked by some of their new food offerings. I purchased some rosemary flavored whole wheat pasta along with some artichoke hearts and threw together a quick pasta when we got home.

Photobucket

I combined the following ingredients and the finished product made about 3-5 servings:

  • 2 cups rosemary pasta
  • 5 sun dried tomatoes
  • 1/2 sweet onion
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 zucchini
  • 10-12 small brown mushrooms
  • salt and pepper
  • sprinkle of red pepper flakes

After chopping the 1/2 onion finely, I warmed a medium frying pan over medium-high heat with a splash of olive oil. While letting the onion cook down I occasionally added a splash of water to prevent the onion from sticking to the bottom of the pan. When the onions became transparent I added the chopped sun dried tomatoes and let the mix continue to cook (while adding more water) until the liquid had evaporated, the tomatoes were rehydrated, and the onions were caramelized. I then added the chopped bell pepper, chopped zucchini, and seasoning. When the pasta finished cooking I stirred in the mushrooms into the mixture. To serve, I put about 2 cups of the mixture over about 3/4 cup pasta and topped with 2-3 quartered artichoke hearts. Delicious dinner, even better leftovers.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment