Friday, January 8, 2010

Goals

Happy Friday!

Hope you're having a wonderful week! I must be out of practice because working 5 WHOLE DAYS IN A ROW has been exhausting. Thank goodness I'm on the home stretch and it will officially be weekend time in half an hour. Me= happy.

Hadley from http://sparkyourwellness.wordpress.com/ suggested we all come up with one habit we'd like to focus on in conjunction with the cleanse. So this got me thinking about not just habits, but also goals, resolutions, and the like.

One of my goals is definitely to focus on challenging my body in new ways. Thanks to the fitnessista's review, I purchased the Yogalosophy DVD by Mandy Ingber. She's Jennifer Aniston's yoga guru and if that doesn't offer enough inspiration and motivation, Mandy does the whole workout in itsy bitsy, teeney tiny shorts. And she looks fantastic. I love the workout because it's a combination of traditional yoga poses combined with strength moves. Super relaxing but also challenging. My legs (and arms, and abs) were jello-esque during the workout, and my booty was beyond sore the next day. Love it! I will say that Mandy is a little bit of a ditz. It's endearing if you're prepared for it and willing to not take the whole workout too seriously.

So I'd like to turn the goal of doing this DVD on a regular basis into a habit. I think my booty will thank me for it, if Mandy's is any sign :)

I appreciate Hadley's question and want to think it over in the next few days. What's something that you are willing to think of not only as a goal but commit to as a habit in this new year?

In other news, next week is the gorgeous Ashley's birthday! I am beyond excited to see these amazing girls and catch up- it's been far too long. Here are some photos from our little Christmas get together:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Priceless face, Sharon! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Brenna,
    I love reading your blog....it always inspires me to try new recipes...you coming up to the ranch and cooking doesn't hurt either!
    Nice job my dear!
    Love ya...
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. I love challenging myself in terms of fitness in new ways too! I am always on the lookout for a new workout to try (tried P90X for the first time this week)or new class to try. Cute pictures. Have fun with the girls

    ReplyDelete