Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Tis the Season!

Tis the season for Holiday treats and looking forward to the New Year!

First, look what I found:

Photobucket

A picture of the yummers banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. My mom still thinks they sound gross, but I promise they're amazing.

It's been a cookie-baking kind of month. I made these yummy monster cookies and used Christmas M&Ms to make them more festive.

Photobucket

Word to the wise: this recipe makes A LOT of cookies. Like 6 dozen. It may have had something to do with my increasing the chocolate chips and candies to 1 cup apiece, but I figured the more goodies the merrier. The overabundance of treats made them fall apart a little more easily while transferring from bowl to baking sheet, so I think next time I'll use 3/4 c of each. I also decided to make the cookies regular rather than monster size so that they were a little more manageable.

Photobucket

Soooooo good. Thanks, Leslie for introducing me to this recipe!


I also found the perfect Chocolate Crinkle Cookie recipe (sorry the photo is terrible). These have always been one of my faves and they're soooo easy and tasty. Slightly undercooked with a scoop of peppermint ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce makes them perfect holiday dessert.

*I only added 1 c of melted chocolate chips and skipped adding the additional 1 c of unmelted chips at the end. I don't think they need them. I really want to try this recipe with the mint chocolate chips- I think they would be so tasty!

Photobucket

Granted, there's nothing healthy about either the monster or crinkle cookie recipe, but a little cookie indulgence never killed anyone. That's what New Years resolutions are for, right?

Speaking of resolutions, I'm really excited about this cleanse I'll be doing in January. It's designed by Spark!Wellness and Choosing Raw. When I first started getting healthy I made a conscious effort to cut way back on the processed and fake foods in my diet, but I will admit that I've fallen back on some bad habits. I know I've come leaps and bounds from where I was before starting this journey, but I think the detox/cleanse will be a great opportunity for me to learn some new healthier habits and get rid of the unnecessary junk that sometimes sneaks into my mouth. Both websites are such fantastic sources of healthy and sound nutritional advice I know I'll be in great hands and can't wait to learn more about making smarter food choices. I'm also looking forward to doing the cleanse in a "group" setting so that if there's questions or concerns I won't be figuring things out on my own. The program starts January 18th with an informational call on January 6th, so don't worry- I still have a few days of holiday overindulgence left. ;)

Hope you enjoy the cookie recipes! Any plans for healthy New Years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment